Wednesday 2 July 2014

Theory Test Hints & Tips

Hullo there chums!

My theory test is in the not so distant future and I wanted to share with you some of the things that have been helping me prepare for it. 

For those that don't know, you have to pass your theory test before you do your practical driving test - the pass rate is 43/50. The theory test is made up of 50 questions (which AREN'T all 'common sense' as some people might tell you) they can involve questions on road signs, braking distances, documents and many more things to do with driving! Then there is a hazard perception test which is a series of clips which have a hazard in them e.g a cyclist swerving in front of your car, and you have to click the screen when you think you see a hazard.

I have 'The Official DSA Theory Test for Car Drivers' book, which I bought on Amazon I'll leave a link to the exact copy of it HERE. This book is brilliant! It has lots of information and pictures as well as many, many mock theory questions and answers which have really helped me!



Theory Test, Book, Mock, Practice
My theory book!
Theory Test, Book, Mock, Practice
Lots of helpful tips - I like that it really does try to explain everything
Theory Test, Book, Mock, Practice
The mock theory questions are so good, there are sooo many!
Theory Test, Book, Mock, Practice
The all important answer pages!
I also use a number of free apps - I'll link them as I go so you can find out more about them! They all have mock theory questions and answers, and because they can be downloaded onto your phone you can practice on long journeys or when you're out and about without having to take the book with you should you choose to buy one!

Theory test UK Free 2014 DTS

100 highway code signs+ Theory - This one has LOADS of road signs which I found really useful as it has more than what's in the book!

BSM Theory Test - Free Edition

AA Theory Test - Free Edition

Most of the questions on the apps are quite 'samey' but it's all good practice! I'll also link a few good websites I found for mock theory tests and hazard perception which I really did find useful - probably the most useful thing out of what I've previously mentioned.

TopTests

Gov

AA driving school

learnerdriving

The only other thing left to say is use experience from driving in your tests, e.g sometimes questions ask what gear to go in when going downhill, so ROLE PLAY and put yourself in the drivers seat and think what you would do!

I hope you find all my advice and links useful - GOODLUCK!

Abi :) 

UPDATE: I PASSED MY THEORY FIRST TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving me a message! Expect a reply soon!:)