Monday 16 February 2015

GUEST POST: Nature Loving

Travel. It’s something that is familiar to almost everyone but when the lovely Abi asked for guest posts centred on this theme, I panicked and didn’t know what to write about. For those who don’t know me, my name is Amy and I run a little blog called Life As Amazzable, and I couldn’t be happier to help Abi whilst she swans off around Europe.

Travelling is something that multiple people have dreams of doing. Setting off for weeks and months at a time to lands of unknown opportunities and experiences that will stay with you forever. For me, the idea seems appealing but, I never actually did it. I went straight from college into University and all want of long-term travel has disappeared. I just want to get my degree and teach children.

Personally, I feel extremely blessed to have been on the holidays I have. I’ve travelled to places like Germany, Italy, Spain and France and even further afield to America in 2012, where I embarked on a 3 week road trip with my family to places such as San Francisco and Monument Valley. There’s just something exhilarating about setting your eyes on a new piece of nature for the first time…my heart leaps, my eyes widen and a huge smile forms on my face. All these emotions from something so simple.

I’m not sure I ever really appreciated the beauty of other countries around the world until a few years ago. My idea of a holiday would be swimming pools, or going to zoos and adventure parks. Now, my adventures come from walking around, exploring different environments and marvelling in my surroundings. I would urge anyone who does truly embrace these experiences to consider going to the nature parks in America in particular, I have never been so amazed in my entire life…Monument Valley provided the most astonishing chances to star gaze and watch the sunrise, even if it did mean getting up at 4am!
Travelling can be scary sometimes, but it’s an experience. It’s good to go out into the wide world and open your eyes to things you might not have ever considered before. Whether you like sandy beaches, forests or long hikes, there’s something out there for everyone. Take a risk and try something different…create a new chapter in your book that could change your life.

For me, I can’t be sure that there will be any lengthy getaways in my future. I’m beginning to think about settling down in the home that I call Brighton. I will however be off for adventures in the future, starting with a relaxing break to Fuerteventura in April and hopefully a short break in June to Barcelona. Going to other places has allowed me to look at the world in a different light…I know natural beauty when I see it. I look at things with more appreciation, and cannot wait for my next trip where I feel the leaping heart, widening eyes and a huge smile.

Make sure you keep up to date with what I am up to by following me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for leaving me a message! Expect a reply soon!:)